Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fashion Statement

In response to Angie from Bring the Rain blog, who has decided to make 2009 the year of the scarf. Angie sought out the advice of Big Mama on scarf wearing ideas and Big Mama made her an entertaining and insightful video detailing proper scarf wearing procedures. The video assumed that the scarf wearer was human but this is really narrow minded. As you will see, scarves can be used by other objects as well.

After picking up my paint at the Home Depot Saturday, I was pushing my cart back to the car when I spotted this scarf in the most unlikely place. I literally stopped dead in my tracks and stared in bewilderment at the spectacle.

Tree wearing a scarf at home depot


Many people who have followed knit blogs for a few years will remember the knitting graffiti movement. Essentially, instead of tagging buildings with spray cans rebellious knitters took to tagging streetpoles, trees, and other things in public with knitted fabric. Check out this post for some mindblowing examples. I wonder if this scarf was placed on the tree as part of the graffiti movement or did someone just think to themselves, "Gosh that tree looks cold. I should give it my scarf".

What is the most imaginative thing that you have created with knitting needles and yarn? Leave a comment and share your story.

I wonder if this poor tree has any idea that no one wears fun fur any more?

1 comment:

brownII2 said...

I think the tree looks absolutely fabulous! Its nice that someone thought to give the poor thing something nice to wear!