Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

A is for America

American Flag

I have joined a group of blogs and websites in a netring called "ABC Along" that goes through the alphabet one letter at a time and shows photos for each letter. The photos are supposed to have meaning to us. This is my entry for the letter A.

This flag was erected after 9/11 and is next to Interstate 5 in Redding, California. Not in the photograph but of equal significance is a yellow ribbon tied to an oak tree in honor of the troops that are fighting and dying for my freedom. I tend to take my liberty for granted. I can go to the whichever house of worship that I choose and may say whatever is on my mind whenever I please. This country that I live in is not perfect, but I would rather live here than anywhere else in the world. When I find myself taking my freedom and liberty for granted, I simply need to drive by the flag to be reminded that many have sacrificed a great deal for me to live in this great land.

God Bless the USA!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Thanks Anne! I have a few ideas for most of the other letters, I am having a hard time with x and z, I will have to be creative! I guess that is the fun in it! Thanks for adding me to the ring!