Pages

Monday, February 12, 2007

Swatched

I have completed the Homespun Triangle Shawl! Yippee! I blocked over the weekend and photographed it today. I will blog the photos as soon as it has been given to its intended recipient. It was such an easy pattern to follow and I am tempted to knit it up again for myself.

But not right now. If you had not noticed the link on the right, I have joined the 2007 Stashalong. Basically, I have agreed to purchase no yarn for two months (minus one day for stash enhancement). It really should not be a problem for me since I have such a large collection of yarn. I have a couple UFO's that I intend to put a dent in and couple projects that I am assembling from my stash.

Om Yoga Matt Bag
This is one of those projects. My DH has taken up Yoga and he wants a convenient way to carry his yoga matt to class. Enter the Om Yoga Matt Bag. I found this pattern in the book, "Stitch N' Bitch Nation," by Debbie Stoller. The pattern calls for a cotton yarn from Lionbrand. I have a few balls of black Lionbrand Woolease laying around and decided to use that for this lace patterned bag.

black guage swatch

While the lace pattern isnt difficult, it may be too hard to concentrate on a pattern and chase after a baby at the same time. Thus I might have to limit this project to naptimes and after Baby S is off to dream land. Maybe I should cast on a pair of socks for some mindless knitting during baby awake hours. Lord knows I have enough sock yarn.

Knit2gether
Redding, CA now has a new knitting group. I am getting tired of knitting alone so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Together with my Dear Friend, Carol, we have created a group of people to meet at YAKS Koffee Shop. Meetings will be held on the 1st and 3rd Wedsday of each month from 6-8 pm. If you live in the Redding Area and are interested in joining us, join our yahoo group here Knit2gether Redding.

No comments: