Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Making Tracks on the Runway is Waschbar, the Shawl Model

triangle shawl

Straight from the Runways of Paris modeling fine couture is the infamous Waschbar.

Triangle Shawl
My first attempt at destashing also served as a really late Christmas gift for my dear friend, Carol. She had mentioned to me that she was cold sitting at her computer and she would use a shawl if she had one. I found this pattern for free online from Lionbrand.com. It is called "Easy Triangle Shawl". It was knitted in Homespun from Lionbrand, which is a nice chuncky, warm yarn. The only correction that I would make to the pattern is the type of needle it should be knit on. It calls for size 13 straight needles, however as you increase, there is now way to force 171 stitches onto a straight needle with this chunky yarn. I had to switch out to my Boye interchangeable needles with a 24 inch cable. I knit back and forth on that and had no problems. Here is a close up of the stitch pattern:

triangle shawl detail

No comments: