Pages

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

And the Winner Goes to...

The first completed project of 2008, a pair of Jaywalker Socks! The socks were completed in 2 weeks, which is record time for this snail-like sock knitter.

Jaywalker Sock using Opal Petticoat


Pattern: Jaywalker Socks by Grumperina.
Size: Womens Size 11, Large
Yarn: Opal Sock Yarn, Petticoat 1290
Needles: Size 1 (2.5 mm), Options Harmony DPN's
Gauge: 7.5 Stitches per inch/11 Rows per inch

(This pattern originally appeared on Magknits.com. It has moved to Ravelry. If you are not a Ravelry user, you will need to sign up to view the pattern. You should sign up. Really.)

These sock are a gift for my Mother in law. She was scheduled to undergo surgery tommorrow and I made these socks to brighten her day and keep her feet warm during her recovery. They are appropriate for her since over the course of our relationship, there have been many zigs and zags. I hope that as she wears these socks, she will know how much I care for her.

These socks were surprisingly easy to follow and the pattern was written well. I love how an increase and decrease here and there can turn a boring stockinette sock into something so visually interesting. I am proud of how even my stitches were and that the sock stripe patterns match. I am also pleased that there were no holes in the sides of the gusset stitches, a clear sign of improvement. Overall, these socks were a success. I also got a chance to use my brand spanking new Options Harmony double pointed needles. These were a gift for Christmas from my DH.

Jaywalker with harmony needles


We had a feathery visitor in our back yard the other day with quite a round tummy. She was kind enough to pose for a photo. I thought i would share it with you.

Bird on the fence

No comments: