Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2012

There is No App for That (NaBloPoMo)

I admit that I am a bit behind the eight ball. I hardly ever catch onto trends until they are well established. Such is the case now. I became aware of a web challenge in which participants write daily updates to their personal blogs. NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) 2012 began November 1, and I did not even know about it until the 3rd. Such is my life, I suppose. The idea is a spin off idea based on the Annual NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in which participants challenge themselves to write an entire cohesive novel from beginning to end in the month November. I decided that I could give it a try!

I realize that I am a bit late to the party but I would like to try to write just a bit every day and see what this blog looks like after I post for a month. Since I hardly use my computer for anything anymore, I started searching the Apple App Store for apps to blog from my iPad. I was really disappointed when I found that the only app that Blogger has is for the iPhone. As a general rule I try to stay away from the apps that are made for iPhone because they are usually clunky and no not take advantage of the awesomeness that is the iPad. After that, I tried just using Safari to work on the blog. I was able to use it with in a limited fashion. I could do just about everything except post to the blog. (Head Desk) I really hope that the developers at Blogger are working on a way to blog directly from the iPad with all the functionality that the web version has. Until then, if it is your desire to freely blog from iPad using Blogger...There is No App for That!

What I'm thankful for Today: I am thankful that my family has fulfilled our yearly 40 volunteer hours required for our son's school.  Any other time we put in from now until the end of the school year is completely at our discretion.  It feels good to have that weight lifted from us.

What I'm Watching: After the boy goes to bed, we will watch The latest episodes of Vampire Diaries, Arrow, and maybe Chicago Fire.  I have not had a chance to catch up on any podcasts this weekend, and nothing on Netflix except a few kids shows, which I tuned out with a glazed look in my eye.

What I'm Knitting: I knit one repeat of my Thorn Scarf.  I like the pattern, it is really easy and looks great. But I detest the yarn.  Really. It is itchy and it sheds horribly. I even used the suggested yarn.  I took this project on as a test knit and it was supposed to be complete by October 20th.  I am over halfway done, but I don't know if I should give it as a gift to my sister-in-law.  I wonder if she would be insulted that I gave her a beautiful yet terribly itchy scarf. I only commit myself to knitting one repeat or 8 rows a day until it is complete.

I will be posting later in the evening tomorrow night.  I am substituting in the kindergarten class and then I run my after school program.  Have a blessed day!

~Stacy


No comments: