Family is the most important thing in my life (knitting comes in second place). I count my brother, T, among those people in my life that I can count on. While I would not say that we are super close, I think that we both know that we can lean on each other when we need it. T is six years older than I am and is very goal oriented. He set a goal for himself to get involved in Scuba diving and has turned it into something profitable by becoming a diving instructor. He also is an EMT and teaches classes in CPR and First Aid.
Eight things I love about T:
1. Whenever I call him, he calls me "seeeester"-not sister.
2. He is the first guy I have ever met that keeps a cleaner house than I do. I think he may even keep it cleaner than our mother.
3. He knows something about cars (I dont know anything except how to make them go fast)
4. He makes the best tacos in the world! (Maybe even better than Uncle Don. I don't know, the jury is still out, but if he made them for me again, I bet that would tip the balance)
5. Using a sewing machine is not an assualt to his masculinity. Really. You should have seen us together as we repaired his Scuba wetsuit.
6. He is the father of a really cool young man who also goes by T.
7. He has an 11:00 o'clock rule. Since he works on the ambulance and works 24 hour shifts, he gets off work in the early morning. He goes home and sleeps. No one is allowed to call him until 11:00. If he is still asleep after 11:00, that is his problem, but if you call before 11:00 and wake him up, be prepared to face his wrath. OK Not really, but he does get grumpy. The world would be a better place if everyone had an 11:00 o'clock rule.
8. He knows how to slice prime rib like an expert(seen here on Christmas 2005).