Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's beginning to look like a sweater




Well, I didn't get much of a chance to work on Marina over the weekend because we had a new addition to the family.....the XBOX 360! I will not begin to describe all of the trouble that I went to to get this rare $400.00 piece of gaming hardware. I am almost afraid to get my cell phone bill with the minutes I racked up calling stores day and night to see if they had one in. So Marina went by the wayside this weekend but I am anxious to get moving on her today.

I am into the mind-numbing phase of endless knitting in the round with Marina, and this is when I get bored and try to find other projects. I have done my guage swatch for the Knitting Olympics and have even practiced Intarsia with success. I have studied the pattern for Jesse's Flames backward and forward and I am so ready to begin. I can't wait for opening ceremonies to begin this challenge. I am also thinking about joining the Kicking It Boots Knit-along and the Sockapalooza Knit-along, though I am a very slow sock knitter. I only have until this evening to decide on this one and I have until May to complete the socks. I really should have my head examined.

No comments: