But now that I am making a go of blogging, my priorities have shifted to family first, blog second, and everything else last. Everything else includes laundry, groceries and housework. I suspect that after the blog is going and has gained a little momentum I will be able to devote a little less time to it. Until then, My family has been supportive and I love them all the more for it.
Here is a rundown of the blog progress I have made so far.
- Registered Domain Name. I am very proud to announce the new blog WILL be found at www.parentingtipsdaily.com. There isn't anything there yet so don't bother going. I will put up a link when the blog is launched.
- Set up Web Hosting Service. This is technically set up, but my webmaster is tweeking it still to make it efficient.
- Browsed and narrowed down Wordpress Themes. I have looked around at tons of blogs and themes and have found 2-3 that I really like. Here they are:
- Thesis Theme (premium, but also found it for free)
- Blix Theme (free)
Libs Theme (free)I have eliminated this theme, although it would look good for a person blog, it is too cutesy and may eliminate some of my target audience
- Research, Research, Research.I am quickly finding that there is a lot more that I don't know than I do. I do know what I want, I can picture it in my head. But the learning comes in implementing it
Next steps: Download and install wordpress on my webhost, install one of the above themes, Begin tweeking it to my specifications. I also need to start writing some content!
Thanks for taking this ride with me!